The Sony VTC6 18650 3000mAh is an excellent battery cell which offers a great combination of power capacity with high amperage capability (high drain).
At this time you may receive Sony VTC6 or Murata VTC6 batteries. The Sony rechargeable battery division has been bought by Murata.
These are the real Sony VTC6 battery cell with the "danger do not use outside of battery pack" warning on them.
Sony VTC6 18650 3000mAh Battery Specifications:
- Dimensions: 64.9mm (L) x 18.2mm (D)
- Weight: 46.8g
- Nominal capacity: 3000mAh
- Continuous Max Discharge Current: 15A
- Pulse Discharge Rating: 30A (with 80°C / 176° F cutoff)
- Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5V
- Voltage: 3.6V
- Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Positive: Flat
Important Usage Recommendations:
- Fully charge before first use
- Keep batteries in battery case or insulating material
- Never short circuit the battery and never keep them with conducting material (metal, etc...)
- Do not discharge the battery below 2.5 V
- Do not overcharge the battery above 4.25 V - check their battery after charging them to make sure your charger does not over charge them
- Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) batteries are sensitive to charging characteristics and may vent or explode if mishandled.
- Li-ion battery can vent (discharge excessive heat buildup) in order to avoid an explosion. It is a desirable feature on all batteries.
- Users should educate themselves on Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging, assembly, and the safety steps before purchase and/or use.
For full details regarding Lithium Ion Batteries refer to the Product Information page of the site.
VapeShop only offers genuine products. Our members are increasingly reporting seeing clones in B&M stores and a few online sites. VapeShop strongly encourages manufacturers to use security authenticity code on all their products and we also encourage everyone to check it when available.
Warning about fake battery cells:
As many of you already know, there are many fake batteries out there that can be had cheaper. Please be very careful though, batteries are a critical component to your vaporizer, and a bad battery cell can be a serious safety hazard. Please only purchase battery cell from a source you trust.